Child Support Handbook 2012/13
This edition is completely revised and updated to tell you all you need to know about the child support scheme as it applies in 2012/13. It outlines the major changes to child support that are due to be introduced in autumn 2012, and includes a new chapter on what these will mean for parents.
The Handbook explains:
- who can apply for maintenance and who has to pay;
- how to apply and how to withdraw an application;
- how maintenance is calculated;
- the powers of the Child Support Agency to pursue maintenance and seek information;
- conversions and transitional provisions;
- collection and enforcement, including new powers to deduct money from bank accounts;
- challenging decisions and making complaints.
Practical examples, and tactical hints and arguments are included. The Handbook is fully indexed and cross-referenced to legislation and caselaw.